If you choose a Basic Plan you will be responsible for paying all Part A and B deductibles. In addition to the deductibles, you will also be required to pay the out-of-pocket costs for skilled nursing facility care, Medicare Part B excess charges, and foreign travel emergency care.
These benefits are covered by a Basic Plan:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance: 100% coverage
- Medicare Part B copayments: 100% covered
- Medicare Part B coinsurance: 100% covered
- First 3 pints of blood: 100% covered
- Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance: 100% covered
- Medicare Part A hospice care copayments: 100% covered
Why Choose The Medigap Basic Plan?
A Basic Plan is best for Medicare beneficiaries who want to minimize their premiums to avoid paying extra for benefits that they are likely never to use. The risk in choosing this plan is that out-of-pocket costs for uncovered benefits may become very high if you do happen to need them.
Select Your Basic Plan
Before selecting a Basic Plan, you should weigh the risks, costs, and benefits of your other available options. Understanding the differences between the different plans can be a complex process. The experts at Grutz Financial can help you determine which plan will provide you with adequate coverage at the cost you desire.
If you have any questions about Medicare, please reach out to us to schedule a meeting.
the next step?